Every year in September, CCI and SIOP members and the whole community of childhood cancer champions, advocates and supporters honour the children and young people battling cancer and the families who care for them and survivors.Traditionally, during this month, our community encourages iconic buildings, historic landmarks, monuments, bridges, and natural wonders to be turned GOLD, either by lighting them up in gold or by decorating them with huge gold ribbons.To kick off this year’s campaign, we are delighted to announce the first landmarks of 2021: BT Tower, London, UK (confirmed: 1 September 2021), Fifty-Nine Canadian Landmarks Lit Gold for Childhood Cancer and more to follow!
- Week 0 (August 21-31): ‘Warm-up’ days
- Week 1 (September 1-5): Research & Innovation
- Week 2 (September 6-12): Treatment
- Week 3 (September 13-19): Psycho-social aspects
- Week 4 (September 20-26): Survivorship
- Week 5 (September 27-30): Wrap-up and regional focus areas